FAQ's About Land

FAQ about Land  will discuss and provide examples for Rural Land, Timberland, Ranches or Grazing/Pasture Land, Hunting Land and Farming/Crops Lands. If you have any questions about any of these subjects, please either email thru our Contact Me page or call me.

Rural Land

Rural Land is property normally outside the city limits of any town/city. We have lots of rural land opportunities in our Northeast Texas area. This type of land is also referred to as Ranch Land.
It is generally at least 2 + Acres and not part of a Home Owners Association (HOA). Below are three examples of Rural Land for Sale in this beautiful area of Northeast Texas.

Rural Mobile HomeRural Mobile Home
Rural HouseRural House
Rural RancherRural Rancher

As you will see in all of the above pictures, shade trees, trees in general and sometimes even grass can be the normal. By definition, rural kinda means in the country! All of the above examples are a typical rural land home you would find in our area. From a DeKalb, Texas to a Simms, Texas to New Boston, Texas.

Small rural ranch land only opportunities are also available to build your own home on, as well. Raw, unimproved land typically will need utilities brought to the land by the builder for a home to be built. Some areas of rural land will have a possible water source from a township, but not necessarily? Then, a well would be needed and probably a Septic System as well. Electricity will usually be on the road that a property fronts, but will still need it brought onto the property where the house is to be built. Mobile homes from single wide to double-wides as well as a conventional stick built house are very common here.


Timberland is either planted timber or natural growth timber, managed for future harvests. It will produce income from the sale of the timber in the future. Generally, this type of land should be at least 10 acres of more. Most management plans suggest replanting after final harvest. For instance, many management plans for planted loblolly pines, will suggest your first thinning at 15 years and this thinning will will be sold as pulpwood. Your 2nd thinning will normally be at 22-23 years and this thinning will produce saw logs, which pays a significantly higher price than pulpwood. 

Final thinning many times will be around 30-32 years and this produces nice saw lumber timber on your investment. Then you would normally replant the following winter.

Ranches or Grazing/Pasture Land

Ranches or Grazing/Pasture land is normally "Open Range" fenced grass fields, used for grazing cattle or horses. A water source for livestock is required, it can be a pond that retains water year round or water troughs replenished from wells. This type of tract is usually a minimum of 5-10 acres.

Hunting Lands

Hunting Lands are primarily deer hunting, duck hunting, wild or feral hog hunting, turnkey hunting, dove hunting, etc. Normal tracts of 15 acres or more with enough game animal density to provide adequate hunting enjoyment. Duck hunting many times will be within a few miles of the Sulphur River, the Red River or the Little River flyways.

Farming/Crop Lands

Farming/Crop lands are normally fairly flat lands, used to plant cereal grains, corn cotton, soybeans, etc. Farming/Crop lands should be a minimum of 20 acres.

Please Contact Me for any of your Real Estate Needs - Thanks, Larry Knight

  1. Home
  2. FAQ's About Land Type